Sunday, April 6, 2014

ninety-six

As I mentioned before we arrived in London at 6:00 a.m. Sunday morning
That's 11:00 p.m. Mountain time and we had not slept…at all!
So, we had two options.  Go to the hotel and sleep or jump on a tour bus and visit the country for an 11 hour tour.  Yep! Option #2…we spent 11 hours touring the Hampton Court Palace, Stonehenge, and the city of Bath.

Hampton Court Palace
Home of King Henry VIII



We snoozed for an hour as we drove to Stonehenge.
There we asked a kind lady to take our picture.
This is what I saw after three attempts.




We laughed for 30 minutes.  Sooo funny and typical!
I did ask another kind lady and she did much better.  
Very windy and cold, but beautiful. They were smaller than I imagined too.
 Last stop…and still moving!  
The Roman Baths in Bath. 
So glad we went and we slept very well that night!
Jim's Instagram for my Birthday.

3 comments:

Kass said...

You guys were stalwart going on no sleep. Hilarious attempts at Stonehenge! So cute how the "kind" ladies took your pics. At least you got a good 30 min. laugh out of the first attempts! They do look smaller than I have always pictured. The shot at the baths is fabulous!

MEANDERINGS OF JANICE said...

So glad you took some great pictures. At least you didn't give up on the picture taking by some kind lady.

Becca said...

That is way too funny! I'm still laughing. I'm glad that last picture worked at Stone Hedge. Great picture Bath. Now I can picture a little of it when I read about it in Jane Austin books.