Monday, March 2, 2015

2015 sixty-one

Today we rented a car with another couple from Vivint and drove to Chichen Itza.  Visiting Chichen Itza has been on my bucket list so I jumped at the chance.  It did not disappoint! This was an amazing civilization and a lot bigger than I imagined.  We ran into another couple from Vivint so the 6 of us hired a personal tour guide and toured the grounds with his "Mayan decent" knowledge.  








 After Chichen Itza we drove to a beach called Akumal and our friends snorkeled.  They were able to swim with 8-10 turtles and saw a lot of other marine life.  Jim and I were both worn out and enjoyed just resting in the shade.  

Next we drove to Playa de Carmen and met up with Becca and Sam for a light dinner, yummy nachos.  It was so fun to see them and I wished we could have stayed longer and I really wish we would have thought to take a photo with them...geesh!!!!



1 comment:

Kass said...

What a day. Your pictures make me feel like I was there they're so clear and magnificent. It looks a LOT bigger than I visualized too. I need to get there! So glad you met up with Becca and Sam.