Saturday, January 31, 2015

2015 thirty-one

We started our day by finishing our January family goal...Random Acts of Kindness
Brooklyn hid $1 bills in the toy section at the dollar store.
Then we headed to the Draper Care Center with two bouquets of flowers.  We asked the nurse who could use some flowers.  This experience alone was worth the entire month goal.  We fell in love with two sweet ladies.  I was too shy to take a picture of Nie Nie, but she needed someone to just talk to.  She told my kids all about how she loves animals and how she loves to wave to people who are passing by.  Bonnie (pictured) was such a sweetheart.  After we talked to her for awhile and got to know her, I asked if she needed a hug.  She said YES.  It was the coolest experience watching all four of my children dive in for a hug.  Her wheelchair started moving and she said "Wow, and I even get a ride".  As we left her eyes filled with tears, as did mine.  She said "thank you so much for coming and bringing me flowers, please come visit me again."  I hope we visit both these ladies often and I hope my children remember how they felt on this special visit.  I know I am changed. 
 Later, we attended Elizabeth's friend's birthday party.
(Yoyo Chang in the batman costume)
Her host family invited all the families to the Lowe's Xtreme Air Sports in Provo.  
Brynn, Blake, Brooklyn and I had a great evening.  I loved getting to know some of the other Host families and soaked in all the "hosting" tips I could get.











2 comments:

Becca said...

What a neat experience with the nursing home. Those ladies will remember that. Looks like a fun place for a birthday party. Glad you got to talk with some other host families.

Kass said...

Anny, I love your February goal and all the things you're teaching your kids. So inspiring. Your pictures are beautiful. So fun to go with the superheroes for some jumping. They are all just too cute.