Saturday, July 12, 2014

one hundred ninety-three

Trek Day 4:
This was my favorite day!  The spirit was so strong!  I don't know if I was just ready to be done or sad that it was almost over, but I felt so many emotions today.  We were the last of three companies to leave camp so we had almost two hours to hang out at camp.  I pulled out my nice camera and had fun taking pictures of everyone.  I took 144 picture but am only posting a few :) We walked about 4 1/2 miles today, stopped for a vignette from our stake president and then had a silent walk the last 1/2 mile.  During this walk we walked past a praying young Joseph Smith, Joseph and Oliver translating the golden plates, pioneers, listened to President Monson's talk on the age change for missionaries, missionaries in the field and missionaries teaching a discussion.  We walked through a pathway of flags from every country and then gathered to listen to our Stake Patriarch teach us about the future.  I loved his talk and felt my father during this time as his calling was Stake Patriarch at the time of his death.  
Still in silence each boy carried their trek sisters across the river (man-made).  It too was very touching, every sister made it across dry as their trek brothers took their responsibility very serious.  I loved watching Z carry three of his sister across.  M had to sit this one out with his hand.  When all of the children crossed, the Pa's carried their wives across, including Jim and I.  It was so sweet and his back held up.  As we entered the parking lot to finish our trek we were welcomed by primary children singing to us.  They were all dressed in white t-shirts and looked like angels.  B girl was among them and again my emotions took over.  So much that I didn't think to take a picture.  
I know photographers took pictures of them and Jim carrying me across the river.  When I receive them I will post them as well.  
I have been looking forward to this experience for a long time and feel so blessed to have been a part of it.  Our trek children are amazing youth.  I loved getting to know each one of them and grew to love them.  They will be amazing missionaries, mothers, dads, and adults.  My life is better because of them. 











2 comments:

MEANDERINGS OF JANICE said...

Sounds like a very spiritual day.

Becca said...

Great pictures. Great testimony from you. So glad you guys got to experience it. Wish Sam and I could.